Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Good day, eh? Well it is perfect for all that's planned in our 🌎. 

Mark pulled the RV out and washed the other side!  Me? Well, household chores and ironing but I'm sure I can find something much more exciting than that.

Our cousin Lyn in London dug out some OLD pictures of my mom and dad, sister Linda and maternal grandmother. What a sweet surprise to see them!

 
I just love this picture. My sister Linda is coming down the steps, no doubt trying to get into the picture. My mom is obviously modeling a new fur coat. At this time, my dad would have been away during World War II. The picture was taken in front of the rooming house that my grandmother ran on Furby Street in Winnipeg! 

 
This is my mom and dad, high school sweethearts, before World War II. 

 
My dad got my mom skis for Christmas in 1937. She was expecting an engagement ring as you can tell by the look on her face! πŸ™„

 
This was my mom and eldest sister Linda taken about 1943. It would have been a picture sent to my dad stationed in Italy during war World War II. (Imagine being away from your family so long, that your daughter is six years old before you see her!) There was no air travel to come home for a furlough! My mom would receive telegraphs that had basic information only due to espionage fears!)

 
My grandmother, Nan, and my mother, Joyce, in front of my mom's first car! Wouldn't we love to have that car now! 

Beez and Robs had grooming and baths today ... ready for RVin' ... and a visit tonight with RanDawn. Dawn works til 5 so we're meeting at Stavros at 5:30 for dinner. 

Bonnie & Roger's pup Chief had a mishap today. Left to gnaw on a bone, he "somehow" slipped it onto his lower jaw where it became wedged!

 
You can bet there were some panicked moments at their house ...

 
but Roger came to the rescue with cutters and pliers!

 
You can bet this style bone is a no-no for the Chief! Luckily, he had no lasting damage! 

We had plenty of fun tonight talking about the upcoming nuptials. Dawn doesn't know what Randy's wearing for their marriage but said it'll be "Randy!" NO, no HD at the wedding. Now we're all wondering what he'll wear. Usually it's the bride πŸ‘° we're watching ... haha. Dinner was great! The waitresses were in full Halloween costumes and it was packed! It seems the snowbirds are arriving earlier and earlier every year. 

So that's our news for tonight. Tomorrow is Halloween and we will be sitting on our driveway handing out candy. Stop by ... for a wine.  πŸŽƒ 


No comments:

Post a Comment