Thursday, October 21, 2021

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Good morning. First thing this morning we saw Nancy and Kachina walking. Actually, Kachina was walking; well sort of hopping on 3 legs, full of energy! When I called out to them Kachina came over to get a treat. Since I wasn’t dressed yet, Mark ran out with one.  ðŸ˜‚  We have now started our dogs on the Dr. Harvey’s Paradigm diet. Well, it got ruined with a few dog treats this week, but otherwise, they’re on it. 

Mark left at 8 o’clock to help Markymark with his rental property. He really is appreciating the help. No once in a while, while I am dictating this blog content, a phrase will come up that I don’t say. It’s kind of creepy. I’ll share it below … 

“How many seasons of Dexter”

Now you’ve got to admit, nothing I said above should make that happen. And yet it did, and does quite often. We always talk about the gremlins in the house making mischief, is this just another one? Do I really need to get Mark‘s friend to sage the house? (Crap! It just happened again!) 👻 

There’s still some more fall cleaning going on. The curtains in the sunroom came down for a washing and are rehung. In Florida, you get lizards and geckos creeping in the house and hanging out in them. Not only do I not like it, but they make a mess. We are looking for a small fishnet so I can trap them. Mark will pick them up with his fingers and throw them out, but then they scream and cry out. I can’t stand that. 😱 

The lodge, across the street, is getting a new roof today. That’s fantastic. Now I wish the terrible neighbors next-door would get rid of the two beastie old vehicles on their driveway. They are not licensed and they are not driving them. Governor DeSantis has made it illegal to make an anonymous complaint to code enforcement. He thinks people should confront them with the issue. I guess he’s all for gun violence. LOL. Bang! 



(See? I am not exaggerating his idiocy. Amazon is selling bumper stickers.) 

This afternoon I had a visit with our neighbors Alice and Mike. They are being featured on the Spotlight article in our newsletter. They have certainly been an interesting couple to talk with. Mike worked at the Pentagon for 36 years. 

Tonight, we are going to Rose & Jim‘s for a Oktoberfest get together. It’s just a few of us, not our big neighborhood one that we usually go to. One of these days we will be back to normal when Covid is history.  


No comments:

Post a Comment