Friday, October 1, 2021

Friday, October 1, 2021

Good afternoon. I love October! It is my favorite month in Florida. This morning was spent tidying up loose ends and making phone calls trying to connect the Wi-Fi extender I bought. Yes, it got online right away but it’s impossible to use because the password doesn’t work. What the heck? After an hour on the phone, I was disconnected. I know, it wasn’t an accident, the guy was supposed to be transferring me to another department. Funny how that always happens, isn’t it?



Then, I had to file a claim with healthy paws for Robbie‘s recent bills. The mobile app wasn’t working on those so I had to get a hold of someone and file it via email. That done, I had to find our vaccination cards as we are going in for our booster shots of Pfizer vaccine today. 

I may not be entirely finished painting. Ha ha. I blended together what was left of the bedroom paint and the living room paint and I have more than half a gallon, perhaps enough to paint one wall in the sunroom. We shall see how motivated I get. Today was catching up on the laundry and putting away (almost) all the painting equipment. Mark has started on his driveway improvement project. I won’t post a picture yet, as only the first coat is on in one small area. It’s pretty pricey, so he thought he would try it one area and see what it looks like before moving on to another section. The idea is to do it in a gray, that matches our African gray slate tiles.  The color is looking good, but the coverage is spotty. Where there is smooth concrete it doesn’t grab nearly as much as where there is pitted concrete. 

It’s late afternoon now … we’ve had our Pfizer booster shots at Publix. It was quick! We needed a few groceries anyway. Mark knows the prices from shopping at Winn-Dixie and find that everything in Publix is a dollar more. Well, we don’t generally come here but it was convenient today.

Sue and Wayne have arrived in Stuart today, and will be home tomorrow. They made it in pretty good time just having left the cottage last Sunday. It won’t be long before we will be seeing them for Thanksgiving and Christmas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment