Monday, August 27, 2018

Monday, August 27, 2018

Good afternoon. It’s been another busy day. Mark went to Lowe’s to pick up insulation for the garage door. In the mornings when I am working on my eBay, the garage door gets pretty warm with the sun beating on it. So, I put it on the list a few days ago and behold it is done. Why didn’t I think of this a few years ago? Ha ha, isn’t that how life goes. So, tomorrow when I’m up early and working out there it will be extra cool. We’ve always had the air conditioner in my craft/garage room but it won’t have to work as hard now.

I’ve still been working on Ancestry and most problems have been ironed out. But, I still have one sticky wicket to deal with. My cousin Hugh in Australia has information that appears to show his parents name matches my great grandparents name. It seems in the old days everybody reused first names so that in every branch of the tree we have Henry, James, William, Hugh, you get the idea. 😳 So Hugh’s grandfather’s birthday was 13 August 1877 and he died in 1952. Our branch - born 20th of August 1875 and died in 1954. Similar, but not the same person. They share the same name, first and last, and they both married woman by the name of Jane! C’mon, give me a clue!!! When I talked to Hugh, he remembered his grandmother being called “Jenny.” Well, that might be a great clue except that ours is listed as nickname “Jennie.” 🙄 

Here’s a flashback photo ...



Diane’s pulling the cart (nice hat!) ... Linda’s looking bored with it all LOL and I’m in the garden cart with cousin Donna Pirie (at rear.) We were having Fun! I remember this day like yesterday, the crispy dry grass and smell of a hot summer day. 

Anyway, Mark is now gone grocery shopping and Dawn called to invite us for dinner tonight. Perhaps tonight we will actually play some dominoes. Yesterday, they went to visit Brittany and the kids and took dinner over. So it sounds like they had a busy day. 👍🏻

We arrived at Randy & Dawn‘s at 5:30 and had a happy hour there. Robbie and BeeZee ran around the porch looking for cats and rats and elephants! 😂 They didn’t find anything, but they sure looked. LOL

Dawn made her delicious seafood dip with Ritz crackers and a vegetable crudités for snacks. Her dad, Chuck, passed a recipe onto her for homemade barbecue sauce. It is terrific and we had it on the chicken tonight! Dinner was good and we followed up with a rousing game of Mexican dominoes. Eventually, Mark was the big winner. What a fun night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment