Friday, January 1, 2021

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021

Good morning. Happy new year one and all. We are all happy 2020 is behind us. And now, hope for this year to be one of vaccines and healing.

My art course starts today, and I am a little excited about it. Last night, Markymark and Lani gave me some books, old books from their art teacher neighbor in Canada. They only know him as Ron. These are wonderful old books, filled with pictures from the 1950s ... which is right in tune with their decor. I imagine I will have to paint them a few pictures based on it. Anyway, they are fantastic books; a timely gift that I shall treasure. 

My artsy fartsy friend LaDonna is getting into oil painting this year! I painted with oils in the 1990s and have several expensive natural hair brushes to give to her. I’m not using them, so in the spirit of the new year I shall pass them along! 

We are just home from an evening at LaDonna and Wayne‘s having a traditional southern New Year’s Day dinner. It consisted of corn bread, pork rice and black-eyed peas, mustard greens and lemon bars! It was a first for us, and pretty darn good. The mustard greens tasted rather like iron to me, but everyone else enjoyed them. We sat outside on their front porch and enjoyed the 73° and the sound of their beautiful wind chimes. It was a really nice evening.

G’night all. ❤️






No comments:

Post a Comment