Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Hello world 🌎 ... it’s a brand-new day! We awoke to sunshine and 74F. 😎 Plans today? Bowling 🎳 ... boating and shopping. We’ll make the best of it all. 

Bowling was a blast. Our bowling alley has upgraded significantly since we used to bowl there a year and a half ago. Today we were Looney Tunes characters, with our faces! It was pretty funny! Mark didn’t do as well as last week, but I did much better. Never mind, we are out burning a calorie.

Somehow, we need a grocery trip urgently so boating is postponed until possibly tomorrow. Randy & Dawn are going to meet us at Stavros tonight for dinner after she is finished work. Yahoo. 

I offered yesterday to do the grocery shopping for Mark, and today suggested I might help. I was turned down, so apparently he enjoys it. Schweet. It is much easier for the guy doing the cooking to do the shopping. Then he knows what’s in the pantry. Also, I toss extras into the cart which racks up the bill. πŸ˜‡

Today I am learning how to wrap undrilled stones with wire and make a pendant loop. It looks so simple, but it is not. Yikes! 


No, the above cartoon does not reflect our Scotties! They are amazingly well-behaved. However, it sure reminded me of my English Springer spaniel, Freddie Farkle. 😱 I came home from work to find my plants tipped over and the soil dug out of the pots all over my light colored carpeting. Heeheehee ... what a guy he was! There was a leaf of my philodendron in every room! Yes, I do know that philodendrons are poisonous to dogs, but Freddie did just fine! πŸ€ͺ

Stavros was busy when we arrived but RanDawn had a big booth and a glass of wine already. ✅ We joined them and had a great dinner ... Greek salad and Chicken Parmesan for me πŸ˜‹ ... Spaghetti with mushrooms for Mark ... Eggplant Rollatini for Randy and Shrimp Scampi over fettuccine for Dawn. 

When we came home after dinner, it was so nice and breezy that we sat on the front porch. Mark had a cigar, the dogs had frosty paws and we both had a glass of wine. Nice! 






No comments:

Post a Comment