Friday, September 21, 2018

Friday, September 21, 2018

Good morning. I was up before the birds today, watched a home-improvement show then picked up my phone to look at Facebook and discovered Midwest Karate had a new posting on there. Well one thing led to another and next thing you know two hours has gone by and I’m watching old footage of sensei Nishiyama! Wow. That brought back some memories. I sure wish I was in reasonable shape to get back into it, but I guess with that goofy thought I just have to say “been there done that.” Drat. ๐Ÿคจ 

So, back to reality, Mark has just gotten up at 7:30 and it’s time to feed the dogs and start on our Friday housekeeping chores. Yes, watching the karate ๐Ÿฅ‹ lessons was more exciting. ๐Ÿ˜€ And, I agree with Ruth M who said “the front snap kick is hard on your knees.”  I never realized how much force is put into that kick until I watched the training today. No wonder I needed two new bionic knees! Ouch! 

Mark came home from borrowing Randy’s Ford truck and had popped in for a visit. Randy was cooking breakfast in bed today for Dawn! (Was he showing off his new capabilities with his knee?) So Randy loaded up the tray with two big laden plates and headed towards the bedroom door. His knee bobbled and he wobbled ... the plates smashed on the floor and everything went all over. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ It’s like I always say ... 
no good deed goes unpunished. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

This evening, we are meeting Karen & Pete at the downtown Eustis Mexican restaurant for dinner and drinks. They have been very busy all week organizing flooring and upgrades to the home they just bought last week! 


The place was hopping tonight ... no open tables! Mark and I had Steak Fajitas, K & P had Seafood Fajitas. It was great! 


Here’s our selfie for the evening. Haha. Ole’

Back home, we called Rick ‘n Ruth on Facebook and yakked for an hour. It’s always fun ... it’s our version of happy hour 2500 miles apart. Cheers ๐Ÿฅ‚ 

Friday’s are Ancient Aliens ๐Ÿ‘ฝ shows from noon to midnight! I’ve got a date with my Telly. ๐Ÿ˜œ






No comments:

Post a Comment