Friday, February 12, 2021

Friday, February 12, 2021

Good afternoon. We enjoyed a fire last night till around 1030. Wayno is suffering with his shoulder surgery but manage to enjoy the evening. It was lovely sitting out and we watched the stars. Both LaDonna and I have Skyview apps so we looked at the constellations. This was the best viewing of stars I have seen in Florida. It was spectacular.

During the night Mark was woken with heavy rain, but I slept right through it. As a matter of fact, neither of us got up until 730. We tend to sleep pretty well in the RV. Today, I am painting at the kitchen table and enjoying the history channel which I do not get at home. Today is all about the battles of World War II. I can remember Sue and I telling dad that that was ‘years ago’ when he would want to tell his war stories. Obviously, we shouldn’t have been so dismissive ... I’m sure he suffered some form of PTSD. You can’t be away nearly 6 years at war and not have it affect you. The greatest generation, indeed.

Mark has gone for a hike to see the pool, the lake and check out what is around. Later today we are having dinner at Wayne and LaDonna ‘s. They are cooking ribs and Mark is doing mac & cheese to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment