Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Good morning. Mark was up at 4o’clock getting ready for hunting with Wayne and Bob. He’s totally quiet, but yet I wake up and can’t get back to sleep. 🤷‍♀️ It’s a beautiful morning in the 60s, but it is going to drop me quite a bit cooler tonight. We’re invited to Pat & Ken’s, our bi-monthly get together. We will be outside on the lanai, so we’ll bundle up. Yeah it’s Florida ... and we have “thin blood.” 🤣


It was ONE OF THOSE DAYS for me! I tried baking a pan of Triple Chocolate Brownies to take tonight. I bake often enough and things turn out pretty good. OMG, these brownies came out in bits and pieces from the pan with virtually no flavor! What the heck. (The first batch I tried to make ended up down the drain. The directions on the box were rather vague, two eggs, water and oil ... si I cracked the 2 eggs, added 1/4 cup water and 1/3 cup oil. I could see right away it was too wet for the amount of dry ingredients! In rereading the box directions, it said if you wanted fudgy brownies that you use 2 tablespoons of water, one egg and a quarter cup oil. So, I threw that batch down the drain and started over. Well, the second batch didn’t turn out any better! So much for a time-saving mix. 🙄

This afternoon, after the baking fiasco, I attempted the photo transfer method onto a collage page. Suffice to say THAT didn’t work for me either! 

OK, it’s now 1130 and we are back from Pat and Ken’s. We had a fun evening, a bit chilly on the lanai, but we all managed. Rose & Jim made us cookies and brought packages for all of us, and Lynn made us all banana loaf.. We are very spoiled by all these wonderful friends.




Mark took this cute picture of us all wrapped up in our blankets sitting on the lanai in 60° weather. We are going to look at this next year during the summer when we were all hot, and have sone laughs! What a nice neighborhood we live in. We are so lucky. 











No comments:

Post a Comment