Monday, April 13, 2020

Monday, April 13, 2020

Good morning. I couldn’t sleep, so I got up and finished painting a charging bull elephant. I’m calling it ‘Dust Up.” It’s my first attempt at painting one of these majestic beasts. I chose monochromatic to get the feel of the charge. 



So it’s still dark outside and quiet; the household is asleep, except for me. 

Yesterday, Easter Sunday, was a strange one. Mark planned to make steaks, broccoli and beans for dinner. At 4 o’clock I thought we should invite Marky-Mark for a happy hour drink. Mark and I sat on the front porch while Marky Mark sat outside. It is social distancing after all. Well, it seems he was indeed in need of company and happily sat yakking til dark. We tried to wrap up happy hour by feeding and walking the dogs ... then looking at his rebuilding projects but 🤷‍♀️. Finally the bugs came out and he headed home. By that time it was too late to cook dinner so I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup and Mark ate some leftovers. I guess tonight will be our steak dinner! 

At 10:30, Mark headed off to the bank and ABC liquors to replenish our wine supply. We had plans to meet Randy & Dawn by boat on Lake Dora, but the wind is already 16 miles an hour out of the south! Also, with this wind from the south, it is forecast to be 91° today! OMG Summer is here early! 

Sue sent me this beautiful picture of the water tower in Destin Florida. With no one on our beaches, the sea turtles are having a wonderful nesting season.

Gorgeous, isn’t it!



No comments:

Post a Comment