Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Good afternoon. It’s a lovely 81°. I may be getting a bigger birthday present than I ever thought possible. Remember the roof damage we had on the house after hurricane Irma? Well, I had gotten nowhere with the insurance company. First adjuster who was out circled a few shingles that had blown back in the wind but they both missed (or ignored?) the hail damage! 

Eustis Roofing ... they have several homes in Harbor Shores with hail damage including one right behind ours and another one street away! Anyway, the RVport, 1/2 of the boathouse roof and our shingle roof took a hit. We definitely need a new roof. 😱 It might be time for Morgan & Morgan Hurricane attorneys. 

So, I ran to the store and got a few things and took donations to the Humane Society. When I got back, Mark had the golf cart ready for a test run with the dogs in the new pen. Sweet. One of the things I worried about riding around the neighborhood with them was a big dog that would race to his property line and glare at us. No problem now!


Hey, and there’s room for another human as pal Lynn says. We had a great ride this afternoon. πŸ’‹ πŸ€— to Marky, thank you for ALL your hard work for my birthday pressie; I love it. (The new seat covers were put in the mail today.) Mark is going to paint the wheels black and spray the wheelcovers to match the new seat covers. Styling! 

Now it’s 530 and we’re just waiting for Randy and Dawn to arrive to celebrate my birthday with a bottle of special champagne. πŸ₯‚πŸΎ Afterward, we are all going to Red Lobster for dinner. It’s lobsterfest, so I expect we will come home with full bellies. 

Yes ... a feast was had ...

a fun night! ❤️ RanDawn brought 3 birthday pressies ... a NICE bottle of Chardonnay ... cool copper bar ware pineapple cups ... and a color-coordinated hand lotion pump for the black and white bathroom. WOWSA! You two spoiled me. ❤️

On Facebook, I had 50+ birthday wishes plus some beautiful cards in snail mail and others in Messenger. Wow. I’m thankful for every birthday wish. πŸŽ‚ 

No comments:

Post a Comment