Monday, November 9, 2020

Monday, November 9, 2020

Good afternoon. Well, we had a busy morning here. Since our air conditioner is out I had to make a few calls to our Budget man Rory. Then I went with Mark on his shopping run. Dollar General sells the anchor hocking rectangular shaped storage dishes that fit our refrigerator very well. So we stopped in there and bought three more. Next, we were off to Lowe’s for parts for the boat house tiedowns. Originally, it was tied down to the pillars that we assumed were anchored. Ha ha Ha, you know what they say about assume, makes an ‘ass out of you and me.’  ๐Ÿ˜‚ While we were there I was able to pick up a very pretty 18’ garland for around the front door. And, I just happened to have the right length of white lights to put on it. So now, the living room is covered in silk needles and needs a thorough vacuuming. ๐Ÿ˜ฌNever mind, it’s the perfect day to do it as I have to be home for the AC man anyway and it’s pouring rain outside. I put the Christmas music on and it’s a jolly fun time. ๐ŸŽ„ 

Not to continue to harp on things, but the goofballs who attended Trump’s rallies and now his White House get together on election night, are coming down with COVID-19 and 1000 cases traceable to the rallies have already died. It’s real people! Put your damn mask on and social distance!!!





Meanwhile, Sue sent me a text about a veteran living in a hotel in Leesburg with a 15-year-old Shih Tzu dog that had been his mothers. His mother had recently passed away and he was trying to look after Sassy. He is disabled and was unable to care for the dog nor afford it. He apparently has a service dog. Long story short, Randy and Dawn are picking up the dog and driving to meet Wayne along the highway. The poor old dog he is going to the Shih Tzu rescue shelter. So sad, very very sad. 
Sassy needs some TLC and a soft place to land after losing her human. 


Back to our USA jubilation ...

A kind Biden supporter from The Villages posted this on FB ...  I know that there are over 70 million people who wanted  our current president to retain the office.   I know many of them are decent people and are hurting right now.  I’d like to reach out to them.  But I am afraid to open myself up to them, even for their comfort.  Why?  I am a pretty open person andI am also compassionate.  However, the last  3 1/2 years have brought forth such an anger and vitriol, that I have lived in an increasingly fearful state of mind.  I have wondered what happened to the America where people were encouraged to make the most of themselves, no matter what race or creed.  I have wondered where the Christian values were that tell us to help the stranger, the less fortunate, feed the hungry, offer  comfort to those in need.  I have wondered  how we have let the color of skin become the deciding factor of  who is deserving of life and the pursuit of happiness.  I don’t understand why anyone would hate someone because they are of a different skin tone, a different nationality, or they may love someone of their own gender.  To me, we have all been given the gift of this life, no matter where we are in the range of skin tone, gender, faith.  God made us all, no matter how we practice faith.                                                                                                     A person I grew up with posted on her  FB page that she was frightened now. What frightens me is that more than half the country seems to think like the current president.  Hate, revenge, deceit, fear  are qualities they are applying to me, to Democrats, to this compassionate strong person whom I’ve voted for. How can we look at the same person and see such a different view?  For the first time I my life in the past 3 1/2 years, I feared we would lose our Democracy. I feared  for my family and for our way of life.  It’s amazing how we have such a separate view of life.
I hope we can heal.  I am praying we can.  I prayed for this President. I will pray for The President-elect.    
 I will participate more in this Democracy.  I will stand more strongly for my country.  I will continue to be kind and compassionate.  I will work on my growth, too.     I will work on being the change I want to see in others.  And I hope that we can come together as a country, as Americans, not like we were, but as a new, stronger, more enlightened nation.

WELL I beg to differ and replied....
In 2016, maybe some people just didn’t know Trump is a crook and a con man and what he was truly capable of  ruining. The Republicans had a chance to reign him in two years ago with impeachment, but they let him slide. Now it’s on them. And to the folks who voted for Trump a second time, shame on you. Trump won’t concede because he knows there are lawsuits waiting. Bring it on. No one is above the law. Trump makes Nixon look like a choirboy. 

Finished! My Christmas decorating! 


Cheery mantel ... it’s still too warm to open the fireplace! Another 10 days and it’ll be cooler. 


No comments:

Post a Comment