Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Good morning! Yes, it is a bright beautiful sunshiny day here in Central Florida. We both slept until 830, had breakfast and now Mark has taken a load to the dump. No, it’s not from our house, it’s from Marky Mark‘s place across the street. 



The waste management truck arrived and I made sure they saw me taking video of them. They took a lot this time! Next week’s bulk pickup should catch it up. 



After two loads to the dump already, the truck is loaded for tomorrow morning again. 

I woke up with a craving for chocolate so whipped up 24 chocolate cupcakes which I will share around the neighborhood. Mark’s old high school friend moved nearby about three weeks ago. We invited him to dinner tonight but he is apparently suffering from heat exhaustion and allergies. Oh no! That’s no welcome to our sunshine State.) 😢 Apparently he went to the doctor yesterday. Mark suggested that he not overdo working outside but take it gradual. (He’s moved from California, and I suspect the drive and unpacking has been physically as well as emotionally exhausting.) As far as the allergies go, Mark suggested Zyrtec which he takes daily. Apparently Larry has been pressure washing his house and doing gardening. Perhaps a delivery of a few chocolate cupcakes could improve things. 😇



And what am I going to do today? Well, I am going to work on my stained glass project by foiling the edges. Tomorrow I will go back to Deenna’s house and learn how to space it. then soldering the pieces together. I have enjoyed it, but I’m not sure when I would start another one. We’ll see. I’d like to have a spot in mind that needs “something” before I make it. Hell if I had more walls I’d still be oil painting. Ha ha ha. 

I took cupcakes to Lynn (and Lew) and had a visit. She’s only feeling about 75% now as she’s not able to sleep because of the pain. She has a tremendous amount of bruising on both arms, one arm she fell on and the other one from the IV bruises ... her right leg is black and blue from the brain surgery. (Imagine doing brain surgery from the groin area!) She has an appointment with the neurologist tomorrow; she wants to check what medications he wants her to take. (So far it’s just a low-dose aspirin daily.)

Rose asked for help picking art for a wall in her house. She likes abstract art which isn’t my style but yet here I am ... 

Sharon asked for help tearing down a wall in her house; but I think it would devalue her property so I told her the truth. I suggested she reconfigure her kitchen for an open living space instead. Oh boy.



Hahaha ... yup. 

After a nice happy hour we had avocado salad, meatloaf and green beans. After a dog walk and kitchen tidy up we watched Blacklist. 




No comments:

Post a Comment