Friday, May 18, 2018

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Hahaha ... good early morning! So, I’ve been excited to watch the royal wedding of Britain’s Prince Harry to American divorcee Meghan Markle. 


Mark and I were sound asleep when the power went out. He poked me awake saying “Hey! The power just went out!”  I looked at my bedside clock ... 5 a.m. The power abruptly came back on and I got up to reset the bedroom’s (extra) A/C. 

I decided to get up and watch the royal wedding, it being 5 AM! Perfect, that’s exactly when coverage starts. But, imagine my surprise when I came into the living room, turned on the TV and “who wants to be a millionaire” was on and not the royal wedding! I ran to the bedroom to tell Mark the DVR failed to start at 5 AM as HE had programmed. Oh my, the indignation. 😜

After poking around with TV guide etc. I noticed the TV was insisting it was 2:05 AM and not 5:05 AM as I had read on my bedside clock. Hmmm ... what was going on? 

I had to laugh, one of those good belly laughs; ran back to the bedroom and said to Mark, “you know how we changed the battery in your bedside clock a few days ago but didn’t change them in my clock? It’s only 2 AM. Since I took my morning medications already I was up for the day, a long day! 🀣

So ... here I sit in front of the Telly ... a “veddy early berd” ... waiting, rather like the Brits lined up along the procession route! πŸ˜‚ πŸ‘‘ 



Maybe you’re all wondering why I would give a darn about a royal wedding? Well, ask that to the millions around the world waiting to watch. My fascination began July 29, 1981 when I watched Lady Diana Spencer marry Prince Charles. It was a fairy-tale wedding with an evil twist as things turned out. However, the marriage produced two boys, “an heir and a spare” as the tabloids of the day printed. 


Diana and Charles on their big day ... and her big fairytale wedding dress with 10,000 pearls!

As it turned out, I gave up waiting about 330 and went to bed. So, Mark and I sat and watched the entire procession together at 8 o’clock. Lovely. 





It was amazing to think of the security involved in a gathering of this sort! Well done! πŸ‘πŸ»

It’s been a busy day here. Mark worked a few hours for Marky-Mark cleaning the pool filter and removing kitchen cabinets. 

Portion of wall between kitchen and living room will be opened up. 

Kitchen with cabinets gone! Pretty ugly right now. 😝

The kitchen sink is still hooked up. 

Having fun! 

Happy hour was enjoyed on the front porch with a misty rain falling. Now it’s time to watch hockey! Go lightning! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment