Thursday, May 10, 2018

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Good morning. We were up fairly early as Mark wanted to get a jump on hauling the trash to the curb for tomorrow’s pick up. No, not from our house but from you know where. Ha. After breakfast he took another huge load to the dump in Randy’s truck. I’ll walk over there with him later to check the pool chemicals. Marky-Mark is sending some algicide with instructions ... the pool chemicals will have to be somewhat in balance prior to that. 

In other news, Dawn’s sister Robin arrives tomorrow for their joint weekend with the grandchildren at Disney World in Orlando. I know they will have a blast, and Randy will have a quiet weekend holding the fort at home. Tomorrow night we are meeting them all at Jeremiah’s for Brittany‘s and Alan’s birthdays. 

This afternoon I’m going to Deenna‘s for a couple of hours to peg and solder my glass piece. As Mark mentioned to me today, this is a long project. Yes it is. 



This afternoon Deena showed me how to solder on the glass ... this is the back (it needs to be fine-tuned yet.) When the back is finished it’ll be turned over and the front soldered too. 





Deenna sent a picture of what the lamp looks like on the stand, lit and unlit. 😜



Pretty cool eh? 

Today’s happy hour involved walking over to Marky-Mark’s and Lani’s and checking on the pool chemicals. Can you believe it, the test came back perfect. It needs a little chlorine stabilizer in it, but everything was in balance. So, we measured up and added algicide to the pool. I would think within a few days it should be pretty darn clear. Amazing. I wish I knew their color choices as I would help by painting that darn front door that I have to look at during happy hour daily. Ha ha Ha ha ha. πŸ˜‡ 🎨 

Linda and Jack just rode by on their bikes, very slowly. That makes the Scotties extremely agitated. πŸ™„ Of course they barked. 

After dinner we phoned Paula in Asheville to catch up on the news. It’ll be nice to see her this summer ... and the boys! We’re staying home tonight and watching hockey ... go Winnipeg Jets!!! πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ 




No comments:

Post a Comment