Friday, December 9, 2022

Friday, December 9, 2022

Good evening. It’s going on 6 o’clock here and of course it’s dark. We are still not used to this time change. Last night when we came home, one of Mark’s Christmas presents had arrived. I wanted him to open it as we planned on going bowling today. 



Yup! Mark got a reactive asymmetrical core bowling ball. It’s all the rage, and it was time to retire his 1970s model that he bought at the Humane Society Thrift store 10 years ago for five dollars. 😂 do you know, that ball that he is owned all those years and was obviously around 50 years old does not have any chips in it. My new ball, well, about 12 months old, got gouged severely today on Lane 13. I took it into the shop to see if it could be repaired, but they said no. It was garbage. The pro shop is going to ask the owner of the bowling alley if he will replace the ball for me. After all, it was their equipment failure that caused the damage to my bowling ball.  We shall see what happens. Meanwhile, my spare bowling ball was damaged as well but I was able to patch that so I could use it on Mondays league games. 

We had a funny thing happen today, while waiting for our UPS man, Mike, to deliver a package. I had the dogs watching for him as we have his Christmas card and tip ready. Well, when the UPS truck pulled up, it wasn’t Mike at all, but a look-alike. I know, that sounds weird, but the guy was tall and lanky with the same color hair and a very similar walk. Anyway, Mark tried to sneak out the door just to grab the package and not let the dogs get out. Well, Robbie snuck out the door when Mark came back in with the package trotted down the driveway  and right up into the UPS truck. The surprise driver had to get him a biscuit and Mark had to go and retrieve him and carry him home. It was too funny. What a doggy.  🐾🤣 Belize was a little miffed that she hasn’t followed as she missed out on the milk bone cookie. 

I wonder what surprises Mark has in store for me for Christmas? 

This evening, Mark had a nice fire going out on the stump of the sycamore tree we had cut down. It was beautiful, the full moon coming up and a lovely clear evening. 


Cheers! 



What a charming evening. I see from my friends posted. It is very very cold in Saskatchewan. I think at the moment, though that Manitoba has been spared. Let me know if it is otherwise. Tata for this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment