Thursday, August 5, 2021

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Good afternoon. I don’t think we saw the sun at all this morning. There’s been no rain, but overcast and just a high of 83°. We’ll take it, much better than the dog days of summer that August can be. The system that is crossing our peninsula from the Gulf of Mexico is coming to an end. 


Nancy and Kachina cruising the ‘hood’ in our Shiloh’s stroller. Kachina has a tumor on her paw plus Lymphoma. Nancy is hopeful for Chemotherapy to work on the lymphoma … the paw can’t be dealt with during that treatment. The paw tumor was removed several months ago but has unfortunately grown again. The stroller helps them both get out for a walk. πŸΎπŸ’•

Mark has kept himself busy working on the old “work barge“ readying it for canal fishing with his buddy Wayno. The motor that Markymark bought at a garage sale works fine, with a little repair. Now, we apparently must invest in another battery as a barge battery back up. πŸ™„ I fear the price of these stripers is around $100 a pound πŸ˜‚

Meanwhile, I have been sorting through kitchen cabinets, and sent 10 bags of odds and ends to the Humane Society store with Mark! They appreciate all the donations and we are rid of many duplicates … where does it all come from? What I thought would be a one day job, it’s easily going to be 2 1/2. 

We had two eBay sales, nothing expensive, but again, getting rid of things we are not currently using. 😬 It’s not an easy job, as I remember where everything came from. Ha ha. I remember what I served in the different dishes! I just donated 10 gold footed dessert bowls from Christmas dinner at our Boca house. πŸŽ…πŸΌ I’m guessing if I haven’t used them in 19 years … πŸ˜‚

So at 6 o’clock Mark and I went to Pat ‘n Ken’s pool and met up with KimBob. Wayno was fishing across the canal and popped over for a quick visit. LaDonna was home fixing dinner. The pool was only 83 … lots of rain yesterday cooled it down. We were relieved to hear KimBob had a J & J vaccine done May 2nd. πŸ‘πŸ»




No comments:

Post a Comment