Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Good afternoon hot πŸ₯΅ sunshine 🌞. It’s brutal this afternoon with some relief in sight by the weekend. Because of this sizzler, we cancelled our weekend away. ✅

This morning we parked the RV in its’ port and Mark hung the sun shields. Great. That’s it til later in June. Then the phone rang ... Eustis Roofing was ready to install our new 50 year shingles. Sweet ... but, now we have to pull the RV out by Friday! Hmm πŸ€” ... plus I host game day Thursday ... and we have plans for Friday night. Oh well, we’ll make it work. 

Today is cousin Donnie’s birthday! Happy Birthday! ❤️

I had ordered some clothes online ... the maxi dress was MAXI alright ... I lifted the shoulders by 2 inches and sewed up the bodice and added a modesty hunk of lace. It really wasn’t worth what I had paid, but I did really like the print and it would be too expensive to return. So there. Then, the shirt that I had ordered needed a little doctoring too. So, in all, my day was spent sewing. (Thank you to my dear mom for all the sewing lessons in life. She made everything!) 

Sue and Wayne had quite an interesting day. They had a boat to look at in Chicago and, despite being careful, made a wrong turn and got lost. After two calls to 911 and a couple of detours, they eventually got on their way. πŸ˜‚ When I told Mark of all their problems, he laughed and said he was sure glad that we weren’t following them today! Getting lost in your car is one thing, getting lost with a 45 foot motorhome with a toad is another! 

Randy and Dawn are busy this week getting ready for a big trip to Nashville with their friend Dan in his Mirada motorhome. I suggested that Dawn take her sea bands as I have heard some of the motorhomes give you a rocky ride. They leave Monday, and I hope they have a wonderful trip. We have plans to see them tomorrow night for dinner, as long as Dawn has her packing under control.

Since I hadn’t taken a photo today I decided to randomly scroll through, with my eyes closed, on my iPhone. This is the picture I found. And, it happens to be Donnie‘s birthday. Perfect.

As Donnie would say, “serendipity.” ❤️







No comments:

Post a Comment