Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Good morning from coolish Central Florida where winter is hanging on. Today our high forecast is only in the mid 60s, that’s a little cooler than normal for our area!

Thursday, February 2nd was YaYa’s at Laurie’s! There were about a dozen of us yakking and enjoying the dinner Laurie prepared. It was a fun evening. 





So my birthday celebrations began last Saturday with KimBob taking me/us out to dinner at Lake Eustis Waterfront Grill. (I should have gotten a picture, darn it.) We had a great meal and drinks … and good to see the place was very busy. When I got in KimBob’s car, Kim had a big bouquet of white double daisies and a birthday bag brimming with pressies! Wow. They spoiled me. πŸ₯³ We came back to our place for drinks and a fire (inside.) Their son Danny is a connoisseur of fine drink and in conversation discovered he “needed” an L for his Blantons bottle collection. 


Boom. We have it and will give to KimBob for Danny!

Saturday was a nice day with no wind. (It’s been a windy few weeks!) So … we took the kids for a boat ride!

Robbie was happy sitting with his daddy for the entire cruise. 


Mz BeeZee sat with me! It was so nice to get out on the water! 

Sunday, we popped over to the K’s to hang a few pictures and went to HomeGoods with Sue. It was really busy there. We both saw “good stuff” but didn’t buy anything. Then off to Bealls where Sue bought a white fluffy Christmas tree skirt for $12 (on sale.) πŸ‘πŸ» I spotted a very cool elephant wall hanging done in wicker, but resisted. Yeah, it’s big but I have just the place to hang it. πŸ€” After shopping we had a drink with Sue and Wayne and I opened birthday presents before heading for home. (Nice bottle of Johnny Walker Black and a travel toiletries bag!) 🀩

The Storm Magic Gem bowling ball 🎳 that Mark got me for my birthday is working out well for me after having Willie at Final Frame ream out the thumb hole a bit. I bowled above my average yesterday! The pros say give a new ball 6 weeks to break in. (Well I’ve already chipped the surface so it’s being broken in.) 😳  We had plenty of fun bowling yesterday but didn’t take any games. One opponent bowled all his games well into the 200’s although his average is 170. Wow.

Yesterday afternoon I opened my emails and paid a bill for my annual corporation report filing. (Something just didn’t seem right and I should have waited.) This morning, the REAL Sunbiz report bill came in but of course the scammers at “Fortress Compliance” had already processed payment. I’m out $99 … and am mad at myself for being duped. 

So that’s what’s been happening here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment