Monday, June 5, 2023

Monday, June 5th, 2023

It’s earlier than usual for my Christmas nightmares to begin. πŸ˜‚ When I awoke this morning, I had to laugh. Everything was so vivid and fresh in my mind.

It was Christmas day. I had prepared a beef pot roast. (of all things 🀷‍♀️) for the family dinner.  When I went to retrieve it, I had stored the food in a big Tupperware in the clothes closet! It still looked good, but I was a little concerned. 

Meanwhile, mom hung a 2 piece outfit for me to put on. I didn’t recognize it and wasn’t sure I liked it. I ran upstairs to turn on the big Christmas tree lights and guess what? Only two light bulbs came on!  While I was under the tree attempting to fix the electrical issue, Sue started grabbing mismatched Christmas decor from a cardboard box and stuffing them onto a log that was under the stairs. Now you have to remember, this is a crazy dream, so who knows where the house was  and what the layout was like. Then, my brother-in-law, Kris went to his truck to get some tape so I could put cardboard 3D stockings on the window by the front door. His roll of tape was most interesting. It had a beautiful Christmas print like fancy ribbon … and a tear strip! Good invention! 

I had forgotten to set the table and was busy pulling four large tables together to seat 12 of us. Mom was hauling chairs around that were all mismatched. I just had that organized when dad yelled from the kitchen “I invited a couple of work friends to join us.” 😳

As I saw a car coming down the yacht club driveway, I frantically began shoving chairs around and making more space at the tables. Meanwhile, I realized I hadn’t put the wine glasses on the table and now dad was sitting in front of the cabinet where they were stored. Sue yelled that the upstairs tree lights still wouldn’t turn on but, the big train set was working! πŸ€ͺ I guess that was the final straw for me and I woke up laughing.  

Yes, it’s time for me to start thinking about Christmas even though it’s just June 5!!! πŸ˜³πŸŽ„πŸ€©πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


It going to be a Mad Hatter theme apparently! πŸŽ„πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ₯³πŸ€©πŸ€£

No comments:

Post a Comment