Thursday, August 11, 2022

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Good morning. Mark and Wayno have gone hiking the woods this breezy day I hope they’ll enjoy it. Bob wasn’t able to make it today. He has had family commitments this week helping to move his mom into assisted-living. We know how exhausting that will be for them both. 

Me? Well, I’m in charge of breakfast for myself and the dogs. Ha ha. So it was boiled eggs all around, straight from a bag. ๐Ÿ˜‚  It’s a good thing Mark “likes to cook” … because my style involves too much convenience food. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Anyway, Robbie and BeeZee enjoyed their breakfast very much! Our Scotties are so easy-going. 

Our friends Rick and Dee have asked us to go RVing with them the first week of September. I wish we could, but will have to pass as Mark has more eye doctor appointments, and I’m not sure if the shower tile job at K’s might spill over into a longer timeframe. Anyway, we are booked to go with them in October and November.

Sue and Wayne have had company at their cottage for a few nights. 

Happy birthday Larry, my former administration. Ha ha. Larry has said about our family “it’s like marrying into the mob … you can never get out” ๐Ÿ˜‚ 



Larry has brought a special friend from the great state of Texas. I hope she enjoys some Canadian hospitality … and chips from the Kenora chip truck! Yum. 





Sue and Wayne have managed to get the Ranger out of the boat house and at least get a ride on their bay. Although the water is receding, finally, it is still very very high for this time of year. 

This morning I plan to go to our local jewelers and get a link taken out of my Gucci watch and two links out of dad‘s JewelWay watch. New batteries and both will be good for a couple of years. Losing a ton of weight has caused my rings to be loose too. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I may just have a ring guard put on the one that is problematic.

Well … Dad’s watch had been stored for 22 years with the battery still in it. Although there was no corrosion, something had compromised inside the watch. It would work for a minute or two and then quit. So, it is just in the curio cabinet on display along with his warm medals. ๐Ÿคท‍♀️ I had a link taken out of my Gucci, so it was not a wasted trip to the jeweler. 

It was such a beautiful day today, we took the dogs for a nice golf cart ride. It’s overcast and just 85°. Next, will be drinks on the front porch. So that is our day.  Ta ta til tomorrow. ๐Ÿฅฐ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment