Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Good afternoon. Today is ‘load the RV’ for our five nights in Sarasota. It’s a Giant Recreation World VIP camp out, the first we have been to in 16 months. We are looking forward to it. At home here it is 90° according to the weather station and 87 according to ours. However, it’s hot and it is buggy as we have an outbreak of blind mosquitoes. I phoned the county this morning and we are on the list to be sprayed. They’ve been pretty good about it, but with the recent rain the darn things hatch again. No, they don’t bite but they are annoying! 

eBay sales slowed down yesterday and today, so far. The packages have all gone in the mail and we are going to have a few days away from it. Of course I will be taking my paints with me as I know LaDonna will. 🎨 I sold a few more paintings on eBay, so that helps with the motivation.

Diane sent me a link to our old old family home in the West End of Winnipeg which is now on the market for 299,000. I am guessing that it is not a great area now with that particular price tag. However, it looks darn nice in the pictures for a 1916 home. Diane remembers living there until the last quarter of grade 3. It must’ve been a traumatic move for her and for Linda who would’ve been a teenager at that time.


508 Sherburn Street … the Andruskos lived next door; Ronnie and Linda? 


I loved the smell of the veranda screens in summer!


The wall to your left held a coat tree and a grandfather clock that ticked loudly and chimed. I can’t see the old newell post and stair curve at the bottom. 🤨 Modernization occured. 




It was grass out back in our family’s time. 



I remember the picture that hung on the wall by the kitchen door … and the livingroom looks familiar. But where’s the fireplace? 

It was in this living room I was zapped by the old Electrolux vacuum at age 6 months. ⚡️ It was an oldie with a female plug into the actual vacuum. I was crawling a bit, grabbed the cord after it pulled out of the vacuum and put it in my mouth!!! Older sister Linda recalled my hair standing on end! A few years later I was sent to elocution lessons at Mrs. Dill’s house on Hazeldell. I thought mum said “electrocution “ and started hollering. 🤪



I remember the dining room as small so we must have had the huge dining set we took to Kildonan Drive on move to the river. 


Only the kitchen layout is familar. I want MULK! 😂



The claw foot tub is long gone. Diane hollered for mom to get out of the tub after I pooped in it. Heeheehee … I was a baby. 🤷‍♀️ 

Mom n Dad’s room




Grandpa Tawns had the top floor 



I remember looking down to the street when the black limousine took us to grandpa’s funeral from that window dormer. I was 3 when we moved away. 

Wasn’t that fun walking down memory lane with a 3 year old’s perspective. 


That’s it while we load the RV 










No comments:

Post a Comment