Friday, June 25, 2021

Friday, June 25, 2021

Good afternoon y’all … I miss doing yesterday‘s blog so I will fill you in. Mark and Waynoe went to the woods yesterday to check their game cameras and have a hike a boat. I had a doctor appointment, just results on my bloodwork which all came back excellent, and my cholesterol even down to 211. The doctor was very happy to see that as my good cholesterol is 80, so the ratios are very good. I guess this low carbohydrate diet is working wonders. And, I managed to lose another 6 pounds. Yahoo. 

Pat hosted game day with about a dozen of the girls. I played Mexican dominoes for a while and then let Cheri take my seat and watched another table play 5 crowns. It was a fun afternoon, always lots of laughs. It’s so nice to be able to get back together again, safely. All of the girls have had their vaccinations.

We had a quiet evening just catching up on a couple of TV shows.

This morning, Friday the 25th, we had a bath remodeling company give us an estimate on redoing just the guest room shower stall. It’s a one day demo and replacement and we were expecting a bid somewhere around $3000. Ha, apparently they are putting in gold everything as the price was $17,000 for a basic kit done in 1 day! Yeah, that’s not going to happen. It was an hour and a half talk on how wonderful the company is and what great acrylic products they use. Pardon me, but acrylic is plastic. 🙄 So, we will take our time, think about what we want to do and eventually tackle it ourselves when we’re in the mood. I know we will get the whole thing done for much much less and choose things we really like.

It’s a bit of a overcast day as we are into the June rainy season. It does keep it nice and cool so there’s no complaints there. But, it’s just not boating weather. 

This afternoon we took a box of goodies to the humane society store … and bought a cute green parrot for the Sunroom decor. I have just the place for it. After that we went to Beall’s where I bought a long necklace and note set. On the way home we got into torrential rain … but a mile further on, we turned into our ‘hood and it was dry. 🤷‍♀️

If you can find it on the history channel season 15 of ancient aliens is amazing. No, it’s not all about aliens, but it sure deals into ancient history going back tens of thousands of years. Lotta good scientific information there. I recommend pouring a drink and sitting down open your mind and enjoy it. 



Speaking of drinking, Mark and I are on the front porch having a drink, there’s light rain, the dogs are in their chairs snoozing and he’s having a cigar. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment