Saturday, August 24, 2024

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Good morning from sunny Central Florida where it’s 84° at 10:30 this morning. Our weather has been beautiful the last week or 10 days. We think climate change has moved our seasons around a little. The month of May is very hot, but by the time we get to August, we have some very nice days. Yes, it can still get to 90°, but the humidity is much lower than it is during May June and July. Enough about the weather. What’s it been like in your area this summer? 

Yesterday, Mark and I went for a nice boat ride and had lunch at the Crazy Gator in downtown Eustis. They have good food, reasonable prices and great docking right outside the restaurant. The lake was flat when we crossed it at 12:30 



but was working up to a chop when we crossed at 2:30. It’s nothing that bothers a pontoon boat but in our Logic boat, we would’ve gotten splashed a bit. 



Once we were home, we tried to have an afternoon siesta but a Bark Box 🐾πŸ₯° was delivered. So, that was the end of the nap. πŸ˜‚



Our newest boy, Wyatt, has really gotten into the toys that squeak. He pounces on them, bites them, squeaks them nonstop, throws them in the air and runs around the house. He’s so comical. And, he’s gotten both Robbie and Belize, more active. He’s a real charmer and a perfect addition to our family. ❤️

So after the wake up with the toy/treats delivery, Mark watched some TV and I went to the Sunroom to work on some paintings. . As I was painting, I started to cough and sneeze! I noticed a very, very strong fragrance that was hauntingly familiar; but I couldn’t come up with a name of it. Anyway, there was no perfume around, no pokey, no scented candles nor fragrance of any kind. Mark came a half hour later to let the dogs out the back door. He said “what’s that smell?” I said whatever it is it’s making me cough and sneeze! He said “Well I smell it over here by your desk!” I was at the art table, the opposite side of the 26’ room. We both smelled it in 2 different areas! It lingered in the Sunroom for more than an hour. It was so strong, it smelled like a whole bottle of perfume had been spilled. 

Yesterday was 10 years to the day that my sister Linda passed away after an eight year battle with Alzheimer’s. She’s terribly missed, and thought of daily. I called Randy as we commiserate on that day, chat a little and sometimes laugh about an old story.. I told him about Mark’s and my experience. He said “did it smell like cheap perfume?” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I said I don’t know about cheap, but it was certainly potent. Well, we had a good laugh and he said  I think you’ve had a visit from Linda! I indeed had!!! Within a few minutes the fragrance disappeared from the Sunroom. How strange. Randy wasn’t at home as he and Dawn had gone to the surgery clinic where he’s to have surgery September 6 for a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder. He said if he smelled perfume when he got home, he would call me back. I’m guessing he didn’t, as I had no return phone call. It was nice to have a visit from Linda, but I could’ve done without the coughing and sneezing fit. 😳 I had to use my inhaler and allergy nose spray. Ha ha. She got me good. 

In other news, Sue and Wayne were at a dinner party with their friends at Lake of the Woods in Ontario. 



We miss seeing everyone, but this year we are going on a 12 day cruise with five nights in London and you can’t do everything you wish on a Retirement budget. 😝

When we get home from our September trip, we will be buying a second vehicle. Our friend Nancy is selling us her late husband’s 2015 GMC Acadia. It has very low mileage, garage kept, and will be a perfect 2nd vehicle for us. 



Mark has plans to add a trailer hitch to the Kia to make it more versatile for hauling things like fuel and stuff. πŸ™„ Our Kia is very low mileage, too, and we have a lifetime engine warranty on it so it will be staying in the family forever and a day. πŸ˜‚ 

Well, I guess that’s it for today. Tata for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment