Saturday, December 23, 2023

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Thursday, January 25, 1973 – sunny and warm

After breakfast while the maids were tidying up, we went out to our patio in our bathing suits. It’s so warm – Arch has gone out to shop, but I’m sunbathing. Overlooking the. Patio is a hotel being finished up, and a man shoveling debris into a little cart pulled by three donkeys, waiting very patiently – people are bathing now in the Mediterranean, but no one in the swimming pool.





Out for supper in a darling restaurant. Came back and watched Spanish TV.

Friday, January 26, 1973
Time is flying by now – darn it. Sat out on our patio and bathing suits all morning. Then I forced myself to get dressed, and we went by taxi downtown and looked around the shops.

It’s a beautiful sunny day. So many things I’d love to be able to bring home. We ordered a bunch of posties (With names on) . They are light to bring home – walk back to El Remo all of 2 miles. I’m sure.

In the evening we went barhopping – finally in Barney‘s bar two blacks were speaking English, so was the proprietor – heavenly! And close to home, at a Spanish, restaurant and bar I was sure I was being serenaded by a handsome Spaniard on a Sitara. 








No comments:

Post a Comment