Friday, December 29, 2023

Friday, December 29, 2023

My mom and dad’s saga from 50 years ago continues with their travels in Spain. 

Saturday, January 27, 1973 (Torremolinos, Spain)

We were up by 9:30 today and no hangover! Out (after sunning) by noon to shop and walk. Weather is wonderful. Then after lunch downtown, we walked along the beach. Came home and rested up for tonight.

Decided to go back to the guitar player’s restaurant for dinner and arrived at the fashionable hour of 830. Many arrived at 10:15 for a meal. Serenaded and wined and dined – a lovely evening all around.

Sunday, January 28, 1973

I slept in until 1130. Amazing. Archie had been out on the patio since 830. We had a leisurely breakfast and sat some more.

I noticed that I say I must do “so-and-so” But I keep saying mañana. I’m getting to like this life and I can’t afford that!!

Went for a walk along the promenade, and on the way back stopped in at a restaurant for a beer and a Smorg  salad.

Had a good dinner – Arch cooked a roast and potatoes and carrots and we ate the whole thing. Delicious with candlelight and champagne.

Monday, January 29, 1973

Up by nine sunning and eating on the patio – a lovely day (no wind.) getting lazier every day – went downtown shopping – lots of people there. Had lunch and came back to the El Remo for a siesta. Shops all closed at two till 430 or 5 o’clock. Some open again, some don’t .. it seems to depend on how they feel. Went for a walk along the beach. Had steak supper at home – real lazy. Read books and in bed by 12!


No comments:

Post a Comment