Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday, September 22, 2017

Good morning. The air feels a cooler and dryer with a forecast high of "just" 85. Hey, we'll take it. About 1030 this morning the sun will be directly over Brazil  on the equator. 




Mark headed to his happy place ... the woods ... to set up his hunting stands. It really was cooler this morning so I am sure he will enjoy it.  Did you know that the start of fall in Florida signals black bear awareness season? Our local bears 🐻 get more active as it gets a little cooler. Just like us!

Meanwhile, I did the morning chores and phoned our insurance company, again. The claims adjuster who was here last Saturday told me that he does appointments in the morning and paperwork in the evening. That said, our paperwork would be done and submitted  "immediately" to our insurance company. Well, here we are seven days later and our insurance company has not received his paperwork. Typical bullshit. Two days ago I phoned the insurance company and ask them what to do about a mold growth I was seeing on the family room ceiling. Erica said I should call a mold mitigation company to do an estimate and email it to her. Online there are 20+ companies but no idea which one to choose. Yesterday, I noticed a few water droplets on the ceiling. So this morning I phoned Erica again and asked who THEY recommend. I was given a phone number, helpful, and spoke with someone in Chicago. Anyway, a local company will be calling me in a day or two to tarp the roof and dry out the ceiling. 🤞

Otherwise, life is pretty good in the Sunshine State. 

Feeling in the mood, I began the process of listing items on eBay again. Blah. Dang that's a lot of effort. 

At 5:30 we left for our favorite fish fry restaurant to have dinner and drinks. Haha ... we sure enjoyed it! We didn't get home until 8 o'clock! Yum yum ... lunch tomorrow too. 😊 Well here's what happened ... our waiter Ryan was covering for a waitress who was late to work. He brought us drinks, a girl brought our dinner ... then nothing. Half an hour went by ... I was waiting for the "happy" part of my wine; #2. Finally, Mark whistled done a different waitress and ordered more fish, fries and wine. Suddenly Ryan appeared full of apologies ... he'd been covering for a co-worker running late. Long story short ... both workers brought us drinks and fish. Haha. By the time we left at 8 o'clock Mark had 4 beer and I had 3 wine ... plus leftovers for lunch. 😂


Back home ... it's Ancient Aliens night. 👽 Ta Ta til tomorrow.  WAIT ... late Breaking news ... Aurelia reported SNOW fell in Lockport, Manitoba today!

OMG that's some welcome to autumn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment