Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Good morning. It’s a cloudy start with a little more rain forecast before skies clearing later today. I am good with that. It’s been a busy few weeks around here and I’m ready to just chill out. Mark is outside puttering around on Randy’s truck. He says it needs shocks and an oil change. (Not my circus, not my monkeys.) πŸ˜‚ So, Mark is going to O’Reiley’s (Sp?) for rear shocks and will put them on for him. Sweet eh?

I found a saying on Pinterest today that fits ...


but, instead of “older” I would say “busier.” Of course when you browse Pinterest you find other cool stuff.


Heeheehee ... this reminded me of Freddie Farkle escaping from my fenced yard in Transcona when I left for work on summer mornings. Of course I didn’t know it until a neighbor told me. Freddie was an English Springer spaniel too. 

At noon, the rain let up so I took the dogs for a long ride on the golf cart. The air was saturated with a mix of Florida springtime flowers. We stopped at Pat’s ... her Jasmine is so fragrant (we smelled it going into her party yesterday) ... and her huge gardenia bush is covered in thick waxy flowers; a very heady scent.

Jasmine              Gardenia.                   Magnolia

There are many magnolia trees in our neighborhood, a delicate fragrance. They are fast growing trees ... hmm.

After lunch, Mark went outside to wash Randy’s truck. He was laughing because there is mold growing on it! Mark has more energy than me today! (I had a 1 1/2 hour nap.) 

Randy phoned (Dawn was at work) excited about Winnipeg Jets game on TV. They planned a quiet evening too. (Usually we have supper with them at Stavros on Sunday night.) Dawn loves leftovers for her work lunch. 

Well Marky-Mark arrived home safely ... kissed Lani, walked the dogs, ate and fell asleep. He sure worked hard on his week’s “holiday!” The house is going to take shape nicely now that landscaping is mostly under control. We’ll be around and keep an eye on things for them. 

Mark was chopping veggies when I awoke so I fed the kids. We’re having teriyaki chicken and curry veggies. πŸ˜‹ (It’s a Betty Ford night here (well, for me) so I’m having a diet Sunkist orange!) Yup, that’s my bad habit. πŸ™„


Mark spotted this neat idea on Facebook. Maybe another cute project for me; hey, I like plants. 😎

That’s it for tonight. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment