Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Good evening. It’s nearly 8 o’clock and I’m just beginning the blog. Ha. What a day it has been. First, Simplex workers arrived to repair hurricane damage to our metal roof. There was a lot of hammering and scraping going on while I was trying to do paperwork. My taxes are now ready to send to our CPA. ✅

Our house shingles are still under warranty and, coached by Scott Roofing, I made a claim with Owens-Corning. There’s a lot of paperwork and copies to submit which I have done. We’ve been waiting and phoning trying to get the roofer out to remove the damaged shingles to mail to Owens-Corning. Now, if we don’t have the claim finalized within the next few days, our claim will be canceled. So, I asked Mark to get on the roof and take the photos, remove two sample strips of shingles and put new strips on. We wouldn’t have gotten into this had the roofer from Scott not suggested it and offered that he would do the shingle removal and photos for us. Whatever. 

Mark made a comprehensive list, so we thought, and headed off to the grocery store. When he got home I realized we didn’t have a potato on the list for the doggies supper. We have gone grain-free with their food and they seem to be enjoying their meals with either a potato, sweet potato and minced vegetables. Anyway, we had some sweet potato for them tonight.

Dawn texted me to say my glasses were ready at Walmart. Also, my prescription was ready!  Great news, so we set off at 1:30 to do a few errands along the way. Since this prescription is not covered by our very generous insurance, my dermatologist gave me a GoodRX card which gives quite a large discount ... like from $174 to $74. When I dropped off the paper work yesterday, the clerk took down the GoodRX card info. Well, after standing in a long line to pick up my prescription, the clerk rang up a huge amount. 😱 So ... I had to go to the other wicket which meant standing in line again. 🙄 As it turned out, having that card doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to get your prescription for the reduced amount. Now you have to go onto their website, find your medication and see what prices are at various pharmacies. The price was a little more than what my DERMATOLOGIST showed me yesterday. However, I did end up with a very good price but had to stand in the other line again. 😤 45 minutes later, I walked over to the Vision Center and picked up my glasses 👓. THAT was simple! Thank you Dawn. ❤️ They are perfect! 

This evening, Mark and I watched the last two episodes of Outlander, then cancelled STARZ until Season 4 begins. $$$✅





No comments:

Post a Comment