Thursday, January 4, 2018

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Well it did freeze overnight as there was ice on the birdbath! That’s the first freeze in at least four years. (Our region set a record for the most days under 52F this week!) 🧣 


It looks like tomorrow is going to be another cold day, Saturday and Sunday not much better BUT Monday we’ll have 75. Yay. I’ve not moved the golf cart in 3 days. πŸ’¨

Mark and I were up early for my eye doctor appointment. I decided to buy (real) reading glasses as I’ve been enjoying reading lately. Well, it turns out the dollar store glasses would be just fine. They did give me a prescription which I’ll ask Dawn’s opinion. (Sue has a bag of old glasses donated and said I could pick through them.)


πŸ€“ This reminded me of dad needing dentures and hoping to pick through a “barrel of recycled ones.” 🀣

This evening, Sue and Wayne have gone to dinner at Carol and Jack’s. ✅ The Shizzles were included. Speaking of dogs, we couldn’t “find” Robbie after supper. He was in the bathroom with the door shut? Guess he snuck in while I was washing up and I didn’t see him. Haha ... boy, was he mad 😑 ... and took it out on BeeZee with a game of chase. Ha! It really would have been Bee’s fault as she pushes her way into the bathroom when I’m in there. πŸ™„ No privacy. Mark and I had a jolly laugh. 

We phoned Randy who had been moving gravel all day. He was happy with our suggestion of Stavros and a game of Mexican Dominoes tomorrow evening. 

I missed YaYa’s tonight ... something I hate to do, but just couldn’t get my get up and go going. Mark made mushroom /Swiss burgers for our dinner with avocado/tomato salad.  We’re sipping wine, watching Telly with a big roaring fire. 

It’s going to be another night of chill with a hard freeze of 27F forecast. ❄️ Chill out, peace out ✌️. 

No comments:

Post a Comment