Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday, January 13, 2017

Good (early) morning! Egad. I was so tired last night that I couldn't sleep. Have you ever had that happen? Lucky for me, my Scotties got up early too! The full moon was so bright; perhaps that woke me?

It's Friday the 13th ... 75F but cloudy. Robbie, BeeZee and I accompanied Mark on his Villages trek. We took the back way through the Emeralda Marsh and saw horses, cattle and hogs. There were many small farms in the hilly area. It's amazing how many Trump signs are still in front of beat-down, ancient mobile homes. (We wondered how they are feeling about Trump now?)

 

Emeralda Marsh is pretty big!
 
It's the green area on the northeast side of Lake Griffin ... 7,064 acres. 

On the home front it was baking day ... my low carb cookies. The new Sunbeam mixer performed very well and was much less cleanup than using the big food processor. 🍪 

Tonight, Mark helped me cut the poly mesh that arrived in the mail for my tree project. 
 
As you can see, he was not thrilled. 😄 But, in the end, Mark helped me secure the ends to the tree top, ready for my weaving tomorrow. 
 
Six 14' long ribbons will be tucked in to form a diamond shape over the tree. More work tomorrow. 

Now, it's snuggle time with the doggies while we watch House of Cards! 


No comments:

Post a Comment