Saturday, November 12, 2016

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Good morning. It's a very chilly start to our day, well, at least in Florida, (it's 58° at 7 AM!) Mark and Lew left about an hour ago for the Ocala National Forest. It's opening day for deer hunting season. 

For me, I seldom get back to sleep once awake, piles of laundry awaited. It's always fun to go away, but a muddle when you get home. Ha ha. The piper must be paid. Everything went smoothly until I accidentally put a wee bit too much detergent into the washer. When I went to check to see if it was done, it had a SUDS error code. It didn't take much intelligence to figure out what that meant. So, I tried clearing the code to run a rinse cycle. Of course that didn't work. So I tried a couple of cancellation codes which didn't work either. While I was reading up on Whirlpool duet washer error codes, I read how to use three buttons to clear an error code. When I went to the laundry room, the washer had fixed itself and was merrily spinning away. 😁 📝 to self… Buy very basic appliances. 

Mark arrived home about 1230, having had a flat tire on the highway. He and Lew changed it on the grassy swale. I guess Da Mountie we will get the new tires now! Mark suggested to Lew that they whisper on their walk from the vehicle to their hunting stands. Apparently Lew, a Marine, never learned to whisper. 😳 finally, Mark just had to laugh and shake his head. They had a good time and saw a couple of deer, two Tom 🦃 and bear tracks. 

Robbie and BeeZee enjoyed their backyard today as 4 squirrels moved in while we were away last week! In fairness, our oak tree is loaded with acorns. What squirrel would not be tempted? Robbie watches them, but never barks. BZ has more trouble controlling herself! She barks, then looks at the door for me to tell her "no." Ha ha ... what a smart girl. After they wore out that game they came inside and each had a rawhide chew bone. Rick Moir always says he wants to come back as one of K's  dogs ... but I suspect we could be second choice. Ha ha. 

This afternoon, we readied the RV to park and by 3 o'clock it was in its port. Yay! Another successful trip comes to an end. 

 

Have you heard about the safety pin on your clothing? It began in Britain to help ease the fears of those targeted after the Brexit vote. 

  
 


 So, that's my rally cry for today. I hope I have always stood up for the underdog, but it is going to take on a new importance over the next four years. 

So, after our busy day, we went to the Crazy Gator for dinner. We had Caesar salad's and chicken wings, and boy were they good. 
 
Sunset over Lake Eustis from the Crazy Gator! Nice, eh! 

Ta Ta til tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment