Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Good morning. It's forecast to be 93 today. OMG we are so ready for autumn! Every year lately we've heard "it's the hottest year on record." Really?

It's two years since my sister Linda passed away. I sure miss her ... 
Linda, Christmas 2009 with Matt's pup, Hemi, on her lap, and my ol' Shiloh behind, on the chair. Great memories. 

Did I mention that Mark and I began our modified Atkins program last week? I say modified because we are eating more vegetables than usual with it. Mainly, we've dropped "all white" ... no bread, no pasta, no potatoes and reduced starchy vegetable intake. Hey, we're trying! 

The photos from Rod and Shay's visit arrived via mail today from Shutterfly. I sorted them ... wrote details on the back and put them into a small album for Roddy's 70th on September 1st. Somehow that wee job took hours. Haha. We certainly had some fun! 

Speaking of photos ... this sweet one from 2009 is of Maggie and Shiloh (sitting up) as Mark cooks in our Grand Junction RV. See the plant on the coffee table?
Cute isn't it? Well, in 2011 we planted it. 
It's a big, beautiful Norfolk Pine 5 years later! 

So, it's official. Bonnie's sweet Tulsa home is on the market. I must be nostalgic today ... I'm going to miss that sweet place! 
We were there in 2006 to pick up Tilly, then in 2011 and 2012 many times while living in nearby OKC, and again this year to doggie sit and pick up our Belize.

That's it for today. Tomorrow will be date night and perhaps Bowling. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment