Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Final Stretch - 2/9/16

Good morning. We had a great sleep! Yay. It's "Fat Tuesday" and the local buzz is all about Mardi Gras parades. Us? We'll be on the road about 6:30. 

The Florida border sign came into view at 10 so we pulled into the welcome center to walk the kids. They're doing fine! It's very windy again today! Good travel weather for us!

We're cruising down I-10 with 210 miles to go at 2:23. I just spied a USB plug in our Kia, plugged in my phone and, voila ... my iTunes played. Haha.

At 4 o'clock we had 113 miles due south to home base. The wind is causing havoc with dust and big gusts. We stopped at a rest area for the Scotties to walk. They were admired! Well, I got 1 compliment with my hair blowing in the wind.  Nice.

Sue and Wayne are still home with the cold and flu bug. She thought they were feeling a little better today, but still coughing.

Dawn is back to work, and Randy is home doing laundry. They have a few days until company arrives to fill both guestrooms. Then it's PARTAY TIME. Yay. 

Tomorrow, Randy and Dawn will be over to see Robbie and meet BeeZee. Tomorrow night is $1 bowling, so I'm sure we'll be going too. We have scratch off tickets bought with our last bowling gutter ball fund money. Since Dawn was lucky and won the football pool a second year in a row, we'll have her scratch the tickets. ;-)

We were home about 6 o'clock, just in time to unload and feed the pups. I walked BeeZee around the house on a leash then went in the backyard where Robbie ran around showing her all his favorite spots. They shared toys and both had a brushing with Mark. Nice!

I hope she will quickly feel at home here More tomorrow! Ta ta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment